About Me

I am currently an intern with ESPN's Wide World of Sports and working on my Master's of Sport Administration at Belmont University. I am a sports addict, but just cant stand the way it gets fed to the public. Follow me on twitter @reCash22

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

O M G

WARNING: This May Offend Some

Never have I ever been more reassured of my decision to study history and be subject to learning about the various different religions and religious denominations than I am right now. It comes with a somber undertone, but I am glad that I chose not to blindly dive head-first into something I do not fully believe in.

I need results, proof, something tangible that lets me know that it is feasible. Many of you asked for prayers, and prayed, and received prayers from all over. And what did it change? Your prayers have a batting average of .000 because the result never changed. I am just stating what I see, and in no way am I judging those who pray, or those who say they get strength, or comfort through prayer.

I can only believe in something that makes sense to me. And if it makes sense to you then by all means you should believe it. But please, do not judge me, or question me because I do not believe in something I cannot make sense of. In fact, if you think I am lost, or a radical, or crazy, and cannot get past your nearsightedness to see that there are other beliefs besides yours in this world, well then you are also subscribing to another institution of higher power: hypocrisy.

The close minded people that are reading this will probably infer that I am an athiest, or some form of anti-Christianity advocate. I am neither. I am just someone who does not see the proof that God has a role in our lives, and the way they play out. If that were so, why would God make us sick? Why wouldn't he just heal us? Why do we need medicine? Why would he let great people go so young? There is no explanation I have heard yet that proves God plays a part in any of those things.

God does not wound us, or heal us, or put us on the right path (if that were the case there would be no criminals) he lets us figure this stuff out on our own. Yes, I believe in God, or whoever "he" is, but I do not pray to him nor do I ask him to help me because he can't help me, only I can help me. He created man with everything needed to pave our own way in this world. He created man and nature, and that is where God, to me, ends. We live in a world dictated by nature, but you have all of the tools to be and do everything you have ever wanted to do.

Please do not mistake me as some sort of religious zealot, or preacher of new faith, it was called "Diesm,"and it was a wildly popular religious sect during the times of Enlightenment when man began to discover science, and nature's great powers. It makes sense to me. Mostly because its the only form of religion that has proven to me that it isn't about believing in something in something imaginary. It's about believing that nature is a powerful entity, and rules over all, and it has proof, just look at the awesome power of hurricanes and earthquakes.

Maybe this is my way of grieving, or maybe I am just fed up with being inundated by people who constantly fail to realize that their beliefs aren't the only way, and that their religion is not the only one around. This is not a cry out for help. I am not asking for your prayers. I am not anti-religion. Maybe I just want people to know that this is how I feel, and what I believe in, and want them to respect that.

I don't demean those who subscribe to Christianity. I don't talk negatively about those who are Muslim. I don't think down upon Catholics. I'm not against the Jews. Nor am I defiant towards Buddhists. If it makes sense to you then by all means believe in it! But that doesn't make one belief better than the other. The point, I think we have to remember, is this thing called "religion" is something man came up with, and like all things man has created, it is not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment